Tuesday, April 18, 2006

THE LAST DAY OF EASTER BREAK.........

Yes, it is the last day of Easter Break. Cory and Isaac go back to school tomorrow...it was fun while it lasted, and I am sure it was a preview to what summer holds for us. Before I talk about the Happenings of our day, I thought it would be worthy to note that my Mother was busy today as well. It turns out she lit the woods behind our house on fire....see her blog for details and pictures....(the link is to the side...hers is Jemit). It's okay Mom, we still think you are top match...oops, I mean notch!

Well, Corys day started out great. He and his buddy went trout fishing at about 6 a.m. this morning. They brought back their limit, and we shall have fish for supper....this is all kind of new for me, since seafood was not served to me as a child...but I am willing to try because I know that it is good for you (me). Anyways, they caught about 30 that day...I guess they were getting some dirty looks :) Needless to say I am jealous.

While he was playing, I was able to get the kids fed and dressed and outside to play. I hung 2 loads of laundry, and then decided to enjoy the sunshine while pushing Gayle on the swing. Later I took the kids down to the river to throw some rocks...Isaac is getting better at skipping rocks. Cory came back and cleaned the fish, and we are soaking them in milk...that is supposed to take away the "fishy" taste, smell. While we were trying to find out what to have for lunch...I got so tired that I had to lay down. Cory took the kids outside and played with them so that I could relax. Thanks Cory --Youre the best!!! I got up, and the kids were begging Cory to take them fishing~~He's a real softie...so off we went. Both kids wore their mudboots...but that didn't seem to help. Isaac stepped in over top of his boots, and Esther tripped on a rock and fell in the water soaking her pants...(that is why she is known as "Ess the Mess") Gayle was happy to sit with her supply of rocks and tossed them in one by one. Isaac caught 2 fish...Way to go Isaac! Esther lost interest fairly quick, especially when she saw that Gayle was having a lot of fun. Next trip....the grocery store...our kids looked like ragamuffins....you know like the kids that you see with dirt smudges, and you think that the parents dont take very good care of their needs...filthy. That is how I can describe them...FILTHY. We had the best time on this break. This summer should be so enjoyable. Cory needs to get his bike fixed and then we will be set. I have a seat on the back of my bike for Gayle. I have taken her out a few times in it and she has enjoyed it. I have my eye on this pair of shoes in the Bass Pro Shop Magazine. It is actually a tennis shoe?water shoe. It empties the water as fast as it comes in, and the shoe itself will dry within minutes. It is great for water or terrain. I think that will abe a must this summer...We shall see. Well that is enough for now. Our ragamuffins are now just "muffins" they are scrubbed in their jammies and sleeping soundly. It is time for me to follow suit...Goodnight....!

5 comments:

Jemit said...

First of all, this is a disclaimer- I did NOT start a fire behind Cory and Wendy's house..only my own. And I promise NEVER to do it again. It's much too stressful.

Sounds like you tried to start summer vacation a little early- go for it! I'm so glad you ALL had a good time these last few days.
I never did ask you how the fish dinner turned out? So how was it?
I must have been preoccupied or something..

Full of Grace said...

It sounds like you had a Wonderful Day! I can't wait till we can go fishing again- I didn't go at all last year because I was enjoying Samuel so much, but I am anxious to go this year!
I bought a 2 seated bike trailer at a garage sale last year. I really need to get Bob to put it on my bike this year. Maybe it is the motivation I need to lose some weight and get more active! Do you all go bike riding as a family??? If so, how fun! :)

Full of Grace said...

It sounds like you had a Wonderful Day! I can't wait till we can go fishing again- I didn't go at all last year because I was enjoying Samuel so much, but I am anxious to go this year!
I bought a 2 seated bike trailer at a garage sale last year. I really need to get Bob to put it on my bike this year. Maybe it is the motivation I need to lose some weight and get more active! Do you all go bike riding as a family??? If so, how fun! :)

Jthemilker said...

I wonder if the fire started as a result of Mom having an early birthday cake celebration? LOL

Wendy said...

Elizabeth, We haven't really been able to ride as a family per se...Last summer Isaac learned how to ride without training wheels. Esther JUST got a bike with training wheels...and Cory needs to fix his tire...hopefully this will be the first year that we can ride altogether...before, someone had to stick behind and watch Esther on the big wheel...I was able to put Esther in the seat on my bike a little last year...but she cant even fit her knees in this year...I just can't wait!