Friday, April 07, 2006

My Crew!!!!

I love this picture so much. Although it is outdated, I keep it on my fridge to remember how blessed I really am! I love staying home with my kids, and am so glad that I wont have to miss a moment of their growing up years, which by the way is happening much too fast. Below is a very simple poem that I wrote about Isaac long ago:

My Little Big Boy January 28th......By Mama
My little big boy is growing up~and right before my eyes! I didn't notice it , until just the other night. I looked away for just a minute and when I turned around~ my little boy was 3 feet tall and 30 big boy pounds! He used to sleep in a little white crib not so long ago! But now hes in a toddler bed, where big boys get to go. No more mashed bananas, rice cereal, and strained green beans~ He's sampling Daddys cola and anything else that's seen! He even plays with play dough and little match box cars-Hey those are toys for big boys~ but I guess that's what you are:) He likes to play piano, though we can't make out the tune~ he never used to reach the keys~ he grew too fast too soon. Although he may be 3 ft tall and 30 big boy pounds hes still is Mamas baby boy~ the sweetest in the town.

One of my deep sadnesses is the fact that they will never be that "little" again...there will come a day, when Isaac will not say...Mom can we snuggle? I try to always make time for little shows of affection like that --even if I am busy...because one day, they will be no more and I don't want to think that if only I would have just left the dishes in the sink...I could have had one last moment! I know there is excitement in the fact that they are gaining new experiences and such...but I really struggle with this area. Being a Mother is one of the most favorite roles I play....I am totally addicted!

4 comments:

Jemit said...

This is a great picture .. and I love the one of Essie and her apple. She looks SO happy.

Leah said...

Wendy,

How did I just find out about your blog?! ;) I noticed your name was clickable when reading Elizabeth's blog! It'll be great to keep up with you throughout the week! WELCOME to blogdom!

Wendy said...

Hey Leah, I am very new to this...That is why you didnt know! I hope I can keep up with this myself:)

Rebecca said...

The poem that you wrote for Isaac was beautiful and so touching. I wish I could write poetry-but Matt got those skills-not me.

The photo of you and your kiddos is gorgeous!