Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Another Day at the Valentines....

Today is a very lazy day here at the Valentines. I was up this morning to pack Corys lunch, and see Isaac off to school, then showered and bathed the girls. Breakfast, and then beds made and rooms picked up....all except for Isaacs. Note to Isaac....What happened to your room? Why is it such an eyesore. We will leave it that way for him to see and to clean up himself. Later, the girls and I got our hair cuts. The other day, we went to Pennys to get a quote for a cut and hi-lights...over $100....NO WAY. Then I met the girl who USED to cut my hair in the mall, and she quoted me and the girls less than half that for all 3!!!! And only $5 for the Boys! I wish I was skilled at doing it myself...but I really butcher it! I will still probably do Corys though, because he doesn't want to pay money for his. In the summer I will buzz the boys and will do that myself...not a big deal. Anyhow...my hair is a little ....well, Blonde. A little too light for my taste. I like my hair to look sort of natural...and well...hmmm...I will live with it this time...I should have just left it alone and only got a cut....Whatever. The best part was that she came right to the house!

The rest of the afternoon will be spent tidying up, and reading my book. Then I have to pick Isaac up from school...Since we are there-we might head over to the park....Gayle LOVES to swing...and Esther LOVES to Climb...Isaac loves the slide and the swings! Just being outside will boost my spirits. I think that this weekend or some night after school I will talk to Cory about going to Salt Springs Park...I would like to take the kids hiking. I have never been there, but it is only down the road from us a little ways. When I was young we would always explore the woods behind our house and swing on the grape vines...It was always soooo much fun. I want my kids to love the outdoors as much as I did! This summer we are also hoping to camp some. Cory is experienced at this, I have been about 3 times. I know the kids will have a ball! Summer is going to go so quick with all of our plans!:(

Cory has a ballgame tonight...an away game. I will most likely not see him until 8:30-9:00...what a long day! I hope he wins! Good Luck Cor!

I would like to ask prayer for Cory. He is up against a difficult situation at school. He is having a hard time with it and we would appreciate your prayers. I can't really go into it exactly, because it is just too long. Hope everyone is having awesome week and are spending it outdoors in this beautiful weather! I will post again when something interesting happens:)

3 comments:

Jthemilker said...

Has he looked for work back in this area? (What am I saying?!)

Rebecca said...

I didn't read this before Sunday-as you probably guessed. Weird thing was-I CHECKED your blog but the newest posts didn't show up on my computer. For what it is worth, I think your hair looks great. And really-I would like to know your secret to such HEALTHY hair. Do you EVER get split ends?!?!

Wendy said...

Thanks Rebecca, Yes I get split ends...Maybe it has to do with the fact that I hardly ever blow dry my hair...I just dont have the time...I usually just wash, and then put it up in a clip...that and the fact that I don't use much product anymore...only on sundays if I "do" my hair. It is amazing to me...I used to be the hairspray queen...I loved (love) the 80's! Thanks for the compliment though...your hair always looks beautiful!